Maria Sigma | Woven Textiles is a award winning textile design brand based in London, specialised in ‘zero waste’ hand-woven textiles for interiors. Currently seeking a studio intern to assist in the the production of hand-woven pieces.
Internship Details: 4-6 weeks / 3-4 days per week / flexible hours
- Assisting in setting up the loom
- Assisting in the production (weaving, hand-stitching, ironing etc)
- General aid in studio
- Assisting in preparing & packaging the pieces
Suitable Candidates should have:
- Enthusiasm about Weaving
- Experienced in weaving (especially with wool)
- Knowledge of hand-stitching and use of sewing machine
- Passion with creating
- Excellent communication and self expression skills
- Education Requirement: Current student or graduate from Textile Design Course/ Specialised in Weaving
What you will gain:
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to gain experience in an emerging brand. You will have the opportunity to see how a small design studio runs and be part of the whole process of the production. You will learn and you will enjoy!
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a copy of your CV and portfolio/images of work related or your website link at email@example.com .